TO ADVERTISE ON THIS SITE : CONTACT DIANNE AT DIANNE@CDIANNEZWEIG.COM

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

Hi Deanna,

I picked this candle holder up about three months ago and forgot to post it here. Actually I got a pair of them out of the same house along with a whole bunch of early stuff. Took us three days to go through the whole house. Stuff was piled up everywhere. This candle holder is marked on the bottom with a shield or stamp with the company name. You don't find many marked in this way. It's hard to read but with a glass you can make out the following. J.H. Hopkins, Birmingham. Every see one from this company? Some folks said this company went out of business around 1880.

Views: 114

Replies to This Discussion

Birmingham sounds like it's from England? Is that what you found Ralph? It's really neat!

I don't know much about primatives though, other then the market for them, sadly isn't that great these days. Seems like they do better in the Southern states.

I used to be able to get good prices of these wonderful, old pieces, recently haven't had much luck.

Did you check around on goggle or other browsers for recent sales of this type? That would be all I could offer as an idea. Really cool though! :)

RSS

SPONSORED

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

© 2017   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service