TO ADVERTISE ON THIS SITE : CONTACT DIANNE AT DIANNE@CDIANNEZWEIG.COM

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

Someone locally is offering a plate for sale as a piece of Meissen. It is in the Blue onion pattern, Incised England and a number. I cannot make out the mark. He assures me it is an older piece of Meissen. Sorry, Image is from cell phone. He really didn't want these images taken. To many crooked folks I guess trying to sell things on eBay before buying.

Thanks everyone.

Views: 451

Replies to This Discussion

One last image to try.

I believe the mark has a crown on top. Flower in middle? He says Meissen is written on top and England on bottom of the mark.
This is not Meissen! not Meissen! not Meissen!
This is an English transferware imitation of the pattern which they then call "Meissen". This is total junk. The allegation "Oh, it is an old mark so that's why you are not familiar with it" is the crudest of the crude deceptions perpetrated by low life dealers I am tempted to do violence to...
Is this a strong enough reply for you?
Chuckle, chuckle!

Hi Nicholas!

Got your blood flowing, Hey?
This is the same dealer that sold me my first piece of Meissen. He tried to sell this one as well the first time I was in there. I didn't buy. Thanks to you and this group. :)

I stopped back in there today to take another look and get pictures. He is heading to New Orleans in about a month and will verify for certainty that this is a Meissen piece. I've never been there but it would seem the French Quarters are infamous for being authorities on Meissen. :)

I searched and searched and could not find anything like this smudged mark.

I have another one to post as well when I get a few minutes to work on the images. They were both "real bargains" at 50% off. Ha.

Regards,
Oralei

Oh, By the way. His sign reads "All sales final. Absolutely NO refunds for ANY reason". I did purchase a piece of Majolica. I'll see how I did on that one later.

RSS

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

SPONSORED

& Terms of Use

© 2017   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service