TO ADVERTISE ON THIS SITE : CONTACT DIANNE AT DIANNE@CDIANNEZWEIG.COM

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

I have these cordial glasses that I am trying to date/ID. After my last search I had concluded that they were Czech from 1880, but then I found a few pieces online that matched. One of them was claimed to date to the 1700s. At the same time I was researching a Meissen figurine and came upon the Meissen Golden Chinese china and learned about the Seuter Workshop. The gold figures on the glasses I have are very similar to the work on the Meissen and I am just wondering if they could have been done by Seuter.  Any help you can give me would be fabulous. Thanks in Advance and Happy Holidays.

Views: 68

Replies to This Discussion

Those are gorgeous Margo! I've not heard of "seuter" workshops - but sounds like I need to be - LOL! The only thing I do know is that the Minton China co. Did commision Tiffin glass co. USA to make crystal glasses that have bright gold rings in a matching pattern to some of their china lines.

So, it would make sense if Meissen did the same with the workshop you describe or possibly with one of the 100's of Czech/Bohemia area companies - they do look to be of that quality and probably are from the area of the world - I'm off to learn more about Seuter!

Hope you get a good answer - if Mr. Nicholas is around I'll bet he will know. Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanks Vicki & Brett

Isn't that cup beautiful!

And, yes the lack of Chinese flavor has given me pause. Compare the dogs and the flow of the design lines though, should I assume the similarity is derivative?

OK, I'm content with Victorian. I was just wanting to be certain. Somewhere I picked up that the Seuters copied these Chinese images from a popular publication of the times. I suspect that these became a standard of quality and were probably copied in turn. Hence the similarity of my Victorian glasses. The matching decanter is out there on the web but I don't think it makes much sense to buy it and then turn the set around if they are only Victorian.

RSS

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

SPONSORED

& Terms of Use

© 2017   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service