TO ADVERTISE ON THIS SITE : CONTACT DIANNE AT DIANNE@CDIANNEZWEIG.COM

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

Hi!  I have this charming, shabby English pitcher that is a "dirty yellow" in color with  painted decoration.  There are some little chips, etc and there are patches of paint missing from the decoration but I don't even care :).  It stands 8" in height and the base diameter is 3 3/4".  On the bottom is impressed ENGLAND CHEADLE.  I cannot find any reference to this mark anywhere online or in my reference books.  Does anyone have any information or opinions as to the company and/or age of the pitcher?  Thanks for looking!

Caroline

Views: 101

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Cheadle is a town in Staffordshire...have driven through, actually. Looks like a small pottery though, as not listed as a major pottery in any of my English sources/books/databases...Not listed at all. So... a small pottery or individual potter. Design looks 1950s to me. Cool!

Hi Ruth!  Thanks so much for responding and for looking in your resources for me :).   I can't help but wonder how this pitcher made it over here to Lake Erie in Pennsylvania, USA.  I had imagined it to be much older than 1950's, the "weedy" look of the decoration reminded me of late Victorian era but I can see 1950's in it too.  I'm thrilled to have it either way, a piece of pottery from a small shop in an English town, probably not very many others like it in the world :) <3

Thanks again Ruth for your help!

Caroline

RSS

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

SPONSORED

& Terms of Use

© 2017   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service